The big fat Indian wedding. Food, functions, more food and even more functions and this goes on till the bride leaves in tears or with swag as she prefers.The many functions help in making the wedding a grand affair. Mehendi ki raat, one of the most awaited pre-wedding functions. The bride is told to sit at one place, while she is adorned with the some of the most beautiful Mehendi designs. So while the bride is being decked up her friends and family take it upon them to entertain her. As well-wishers of these people, we present to you the Perfect Songs For Mehendi Function.
1. Mehendi Hai Rachnewali(Artist: Alka Yagnik, Movie: Zubeidaa)
One of the perfect songs for Mehendi Function. You can never go wrong with this one. I mean what sort of Mehendi function is it if you haven’t played this thrice already.
2. Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna(Artists: Lata Mangeshkar, Udit Narayan, Movie: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge)
Same goes for this. The best Mehendi song ever. Thrice, four times or even more, play it on a loop if you don’t want to use any other song.
How can a Mehendi function continue without describing the kalaaiyan on which the Mehendi is going to be applied?
4. Banno(Artists: Brijesh Shandilya, Swati Sharma, Movie: Tanu Weds Manu: Returns)
And let's now tell the world how cool our cousin/friend/BFF or any other category our bride falls in is. The bride we adore and the swag we love makes a perfect combination.
5. Maahi Ve(Artist: Neha Kakkar, Movie: Wajah Tum Ho)
To tell the world how wonderful the bride is.One of the perfect songs for Mehendi function, because why not flaunt the awesomeness of our bride.
6. Sasural Genda Phool(Artists: Rekha Bhardwaj, Shraddha Pandit, Mahathi, Sujata Majumdar, Movie: Delhi-6)
Now for a bit of fun how about some bouts of nok jhok. The perfect Mehandi song to tease the bride and the groom for the future that they have taken a step into.
7. Ambarsariya(Artist: Sona Mohapatra, Movie: Fukrey)
Perfect beats, check. Amazing lyrics, check.Everyone will love to dance on this perfect song for Mehendi function.
8. Gud Naal Ishq Mitha (Artist: Bally Sagoo)
Nothing does it better than a Punjabi song to get everyone grooving. And the cherry on the top is this song. Even the Punjabi song hating aunty wouldn't be able to resist this one.
9. Gal Mitthi Mitthi (Artist: Tochi Raina, Movie: Aisha)
To get into the wedding mode. Mehendi is one of the first functions so why not get everyone set for the coming grand event. The perfect Mehandi song, in fact, the best for the entire duration of the wedding.
10. London Thumakda(Artists: Neha Kakkar, Sonu Kakkar, Labh Janjua, Movie: Queen)
This will get everyone dancing and will make everyone show their best thumkas. Cute children dancing for their masi/bua/didi will surely get aww's from the audience.
11. Kachchi Kaliyaan(Artists: Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Sunidhi Chauhan, KK, Movie: Laaga Chunari Mein Daag: Journey of a Woman)
Among the list of perfect songs for the Mehendi function is this face off song between the bridesmaids and the guys. Becuase the guys love to tease the bridesmaids and they are more than happy to return the favor.
12. Gulaabo(Artists: Vishal Dadlani, Anusha Mani, Movie: Shaandaar)
Because bridesmaids love to dance on this one. And who can stop them? This will help in boosting the confidence of the bride to skyrocketing levels.
13. Mehndi Ni Mehndi(Artist: Musarrat Nazir, Album: Eik Haseen Sham Musarrat Nazir)
An emotional outburst is guaranteed. For the tears, a perfect song for Mehendi function with beautiful lyrics for everyone to shed tears on.
14. Navrai Majhi(Artists: Sunidhi Chauhan, Swanand Kirkire, Natalie Di Luccio, Neelambari Kirkire, Movie: English Vinglish)
The marriage of a daughter is the best example for a mixed emotions event for the parents. This is the perfect song for Mehendi function wherein a mother is giving away her daughter in marriage.
15. Ainvayi Ainvayi(Artists: Sunidhi Chauhan, Salim–Sulaiman, Movie: Band Baaja Baaraat)
A perfect dance number. This gets even the shyest people on the dance floor.Those fufajis and taijis who used to run away from the dance floor will be more than happy to oblige to your request for a dance on this one. So, put on your dancing shoes and dance away.
There must be more choices out there but these are the best. Also, we leave some of the work for you because you know the couple and their choices well. So give the DJ your playlist of these perfect songs for Mehendi function and watch while the people sing, dance and enjoy the best Mehendi ki raat, thanking you in the process. Because there is no fun without the perfect playlist.